Pages

Thursday, February 10, 2011

From Mumbai's airport

Eek, I had a mildly stressful moment in Mumbai's airport when I thought I'd have to get through immigration (minus the needed visa!).  But the man at the desk was very helpful and directed me somewhere else so I could bypass it and go to my gate.  It turned out that both travelers on either side of me made the same error, so I knew it must be a common mistake and would get straightened out.  But it was weird that there weren't better instructions for arriving passengers.  Also weird is the airport's free wifi.  You have to register using a cell phone.  I guess most people who have a laptop will have a cell phone too, but it was a pain in the butt because I can barely operate mine (it doesn't work like the ones in the States).  Then you only get two hours, which I won't use up because I board soon.  On the plus side, Mumbai's airport is not the hellhole I was expecting, although it's kind of busy and a little bit crowded.

Well, that was a really boring post.  But not as boring as the conversation going on next to me amongst these three americans who are going to London.  They're all using their outdoor voices and discussing at length whether they'll be able to call in to some work conference call from the airplane.  They're also taking up seven seats in the waiting area.  Ugh, STFU, people!  At least they're on a different flight than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment