Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 50, continued: In Bali, safe and sound

I think I'm getting tired, and it's muddling my brain.  I could swear when I booked this hotel it was $37/night, yet I see on my email receipt that I paid $42/night.  Now, $5/night is not a big deal, and from what I've seen so far, the hotel will be worth $42/night.  But I'm worried about myself that I made a mistake like that, and hope it was a one-time oversight and I don't keep making silly errors because I'm tired.  Like, maybe my first choice hotel was $37 but it full (and it was full) so I went with my second chice and confused the prices.  I don't feel tired, but maybe the constant moving around and learning different exchange rates and stuff is meddling with my head...  Hmm.

The most notable thing about my hotel room in Bali, in an inland town called Ubud, is its bathroom, which is covered and walled in, but is outside.  Even though no one could possibly see inside it, except Spiderman, I wonder if I'll be paranoid while bathing.  I'll let you know.  I can't see much more of the hotel because it's 11pm and dark, but it looks very nice, the kind of place people will come to for a week and never leave the grounds because it's so nice.  I'll know more tomorrow.

I'm going to bed a little bit hungry tonight.  The airline I took from Singapore to Bali is a budget airline that doesn't serve anything unless you pay for it, and I wasn't about to pay $8 for a piece of unidentifiable meat on soggy bread.  That a big difference from eveything else I've flown, which has treated its customers to some decent meals.  So I have my peanut cracker snack that I bought in Singapore and will wake up early for breakfast.  Frankly, I'm surprised this is the first time I won't have a full belly when I go to bed.  I've gone to bed hungry before while traveling, so I know to always keep a snack on hand.  I've been lucky (or diligent?) about finding food.  Also very lucky about planes being on time and having good internet access.  I'm writing this from my patio, in fact. 

No comments:

Post a Comment