Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 45: Travel day to Phnom Penh, Cambodia

This will be a short entry because today is mostly a travel day.  I took the bus from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, where I will be for three nights.  Before arriving in Cambodia, I'd planned to take a river ferry between the two cities.  But when I discovered that the ferry was slower, more dangerous, and three times as expensive as the bus, I opted for the bus instead.  I'll take slow and dangerous if it's cheap, not if it's expensive.  The ride was comfortable, except for the overly friendly young man sitting next to me who really wanted to talk.  To anyone who would talk back.  I pretended to sleep, and eventually I really did sleep.

My guest house in Phnom Penh seems nice.  And at $16/night, it's especially nice.  I'm not sure what the difference is between hotel and guest house, because this looks like a hotel to me.  My room is small and simple, but it's very clean, has a TV and wifi, and is (for the most part) tastefully decorated.  But the "art" in the shower (yes, the shower) seems a little out of place:
Since my only plans for tonight are to catch up on business (ie, pay my bills) and find a meal, this might be my only post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment