Pages

Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 101: From Easter Island to Santiago, Chile (April 18, 2011)

Today was mostly a traveling day.  I took one last walk around the town in Easter Island, then stopped at a cafe to read a book about the town's history.  I didn't finish the whole book, of course, but I got through  the time of its discovery by europeans.  And I did my "speed reading" trick for most of it, where I just read the first sentence of each paragraph.  It worked in high school lit classes for boring stuff like The House of the Seven Gables.
The church in Hanga Roa (Easter Island's "city")
Between noon and 9pm, I was enroute from Easter Island to Santiago (I sprang ahead two hours, too.  Or at least I think I did -- I actually have no idea if I'm writing this at 10:40 or 11:40 local time).  Since I arrived in Santiago so late, I only had time to run down the street to grab dinner.  Walking back, I happened to notice this hovering far above the city:
I'm armed with a map and a guidebook of the city, and hope to have fun exploring the next couple of days. 

1 comment:

  1. What is that last picture? I can tell its a maiden but is it a statue?

    ReplyDelete