Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

A stress-free life is actually kind of stressful

I thought that having no job and no other obligations -- stuff life kids, mortgage, student loan payments -- would be stress-free.  And it was, until preparations for my travels began.  Now I'm in a near constant state of worry.  Worry that the movers won't show up, or that I missed getting an essential visa, or I forgot to forward some key mail like my w-2s, or I'll get hassled in some foreign country over my prescription medicines, etc.  So I have trouble sleeping, then I wake up at 7am (much earlier than usual) because I'll think of something that needs to get done and I'll panic -- or more likely, something I can't control at all -- and who can sleep after that?

As I was writing this, my apartment manager slid the monthly apartment news letter under my door.  The "highlight"?  "Health Coverage Abroad:  Many health insurance plans, as well as medicare, don't provide coverage when you're traveling abroad.  So if you're planning a trip overseas, consider buying a supplemental health insurance policy."  Now I'll be thinking about that all day.  Sigh...  Yeah, I'm sighing, but I know I have it pretty good, over all.

1 comment:

  1. A blog? We can comment? We can follow along and kibitz while you hare off into the distance for 4 months? Definitely something to look forward to.

    G

    ReplyDelete