Pages

Friday, January 14, 2011

Ghana Loves Barack Obama

People from Ghana haven't gone overboard in their affection for Barack Obama, but it's noticable that they like him.  Like, one of my touts bragged that Ghana was the first African country the Obamas visited, and that Michelle traced her ancestry to Cape Coast (from whence I write).  And there's a plaque commemorating their visit to the Cape Coast Castle, etc...

Today in the cab a pop song came on the driver's mp3 player whose lyrics were partially unintelligble (one of the local languages, I assume?) and then in English:  "President Obama... Welcome to Ghana!..."

So trying to fit in and be friendly, I started a conversation with the driver.  What I said was:  "So people in Ghana really seem to like Barack Obama, right?"  And what he heard was:  "I love that song!  Play it again at top volume!"  Which he did.

Listen and watch for yourself.  And enjoy... Or not, as your musical tastes and political leanings dictate.

One night when I'm bored and lonely and have internet access, I'll learn how to embed the video into the blog itself, instead of send you to another page.

No comments:

Post a Comment