Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 8: Hanging out at the hotel (January 15, 2011)

Yeah, so I feel a bit lame today because I decided to just loaf around the hotel. When I realized I hadn't had a day of loafing since mid-December, though, I felt less bad about it. And let's face it, Cape Coast is nice but it's not exactly overflowing with stuff to do, except walking around again.

So I've been catching up on administrative stuff, like checking my bank account (still in good shape), making sure I'm confirmed for my next flight, etc. I also went out in the hotel's yard and did some yoga. Before I left the States I vowed I would do yoga three times a week, which I achieved this week. Walking will give me plenty of exercise, but I want the stretching and strength-building too. A few people paused to watch me for a few minutes and I felt like a total hippy, but I expected a bit of attention and it didn't bother me.

What I did not expect (but maybe I should have, practicing in the grass and all) was my toe either was bit by something or I imagined my toe was bit by something. This happened about halfway through the practice so of course I spent the remaining 20 minutes imagining all the horrible diseases I might have contracted, not to mention the scolding I'd get from David T when he learned I didn't go to the doctor. It's now 90 minutes later and my toe is just fine, so I guess it was my imagination. And frankly, although yoga is great exercise, it's basically the same routine each time, so it gets kind of boring. Contemplating tropical bug bites was at least something new to think about.

No photos today.

1 comment:

  1. As long as there are no symptoms, it ought to be okay. Your toe would likely swell up with any untoward nibble. But with bug bites and other such things, I would err on the side of caution. I hope you had a good rest.

    ReplyDelete