Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sunscreen + mosquito repellant + 95 degree heat + Sahara dust = I'm kind of disgusting

The past four days after returning from my daily excursion, I've taken off my shoes then gotten right into the (cold) shower, clothes and all.  I strip and wash everything after the initial wave of grime has rinsed away.  It's refreshing, and an efficient way to keep up with laundry as I go.  So add "great showers" to the list of things I like about Ghana.

Does anyone know how to clean a hat that's made of paper?  I've grown attached to my hat and would hate to see it disintegrate if I try to wash it.

1 comment:

  1. Washing a paper hat . . . I couldn't let that one go by. From what I've gathered, you cannot get it wet so the solution is putting 1/2 cup salt in a bag, add your hat and shake for a couple minutes. You should have a well salted and cleaned hat. Let me know if it works.

    ReplyDelete