Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Typing from the coffee shop

This is my first blog entry done via free wifi at The Root coffee shop in Lakewood, Ohio, something I expect will happen scores of times in 2011 if not before.   At multiple and currently unknown coffee shops, that is, not just this place.  Today I'm:
(1) checking that my computer functions (no wifi at mom and dad's!)
(2) practicing typing on this small and flat keyboard (I have to look at the keys, something I haven't done in 25 years!  But the upside is the screen is so close to the keyboard, my eyes don't have to roam too far.)
(3) downloading anti-virus software, which should have been number 1, but I was too excited about this to wait, and
(4) cursing dumb old McAfee's free trial period because it's interfering with the installation of the anti-virus software I really want to use.  Which means I will add to my list:
(5) remove dumb old McAfee.

I also took the opportunity to practice quickly moving photos from my camera to my computer, then posting them here.  So I asked yet another stranger to take a totally boring picture of me doing whatever I'm doing, which you can see here:

No comments:

Post a Comment