Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

No invasive airport pat-down for me :(

I flew from Cleveland to DC's National Airport today and hoped to experience the inappropriate groping and molestation procedure now in effect in airports across the country, so I could write about it and maybe file a complaint.  Sadly, all I had to do was walk through the plain old x-ray machine and head to my gate.  No fuss, no frisks, no drama.  :(  Yet somehow, we still made it to DC without disaster striking.  Our safe landing made me kinda sorta suspect we don't all need to be groped or viewed buck naked in black-and-white in order to be safe.

The line for security in Cleveland seemed a little longer than normal, but it went fairly quickly and didn't strike me as odd.  The line at DC where I disembarked on the other hand... OMG!  It snaked through the entire rope obstacle course and extended far beyond the "enter here" sign.  I've never waited more than about 3 minutes in the security line at National Airport, so it was clear something unusual was going on.  My guess is it involves nude photos of children and fondling of elderly people.  I shudder to think what that place will look like next week before Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment