Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

City Thoughts Coming Up...


Before I make my chart, or whatever I'm going to do to compare my 11 cities in a systematic way, I wanted to write down the most subjective information about them that I know or that I've learned. To my organize my thoughts, as well as let you know what I'm thinking about, I plan to consider:
  • My impressions of the people
  • The number of friends and loved one in the city
  • What I think of the physical surroundings (beauty, terrain, location in the country)
  • Special reminders from my blog
  • What I think I would like best about living in the city
  • What I think I would like least about living in the city
This was the view from my living room for 10 years.  Usually without the rainbow, though.
Once I've written these all out, I'll get to work on organizing and ranking the results of me research. I've discovered that just reading so much about the cities has helped form my thoughts already. I have no idea at this point which city might become “number one” in my ranking system of all of these factors. In the end, I don't think that will particularly matter. Instead, this exercise will have educated me and forced me to think about what's important to me, and where I'm most likely to find it. It's possible that a city or two will really shine when it comes to objective factors, and I may put it on my list of places to search for a job. Or a city might be such a clear loser in almost every objective factor that it will drop from the list of contenders. We'll see. Watch this spot over the next few days for each city's (penultimate?) post.

No comments:

Post a Comment