Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 75: The Great Ocean Road, Australia (March 23, 2011)

I didn't like waking up at 6:20am, but it was worth it for the tour of the Great Ocean Road, which runs along the southeast coast of Australia.  I'm not sure how long the whole road is, but we did about a 500 kilometer loop, making about 10 stops along the way.
Most of the stops were along the Road were along the ocean, and they speak for themselves:
Look closely.
Here are a couple shots of the Twelve Apostles (of which there are eight):
We also took a short walk through a rainforest:
And stopped to see some native animals:
Koalas like to hide high up in the trees.  Did you know we can't eat them because their diet of eucalyptus would poison us?
Not that I would eat one.
The tour itself was quite fun.  Our guide Di was good.  She had informative and funny stories about the things we saw and a nice way about her.  And a few years ago, she got fed up with her job, so she quit and travelled the world for 12 months, so she and I swapped stories and she shared some of her tips for my upcoming stops.  The tour group meshed pretty well too.  There was a lot of laughter and people talking.  I'm glad a couple of people (one local, one fellow visitor) suggested I see the Road; I probably wouldn't have done so otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Too bad about the poisonous Koalas. I'll have to cross them off my list.

    ReplyDelete