Pages

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 57: My hotel, Ubud, Bali (March 5, 2011)

As I already mentioned, today is the Day of Silence where everyone stays inside and no one works (except at the hotels, where they are working extra because all the guests have no where else to go).  When I went to the hotel's restaurant for dinner, I wandered over to the edge of the hotel grounds.  I had to walk carefully, because other than the restaurant and the guests' porch lights, there are no lights on.  And in fact, there are no lights on anywhere outside of the hotel.  No streetlights, no houselights, nothing.  I wonder if we're on a generator here, and the whole town is turned off (I heard a rumor to that effect).

Here are few ramdom shots from around the area, that didn't have a good fit in other posts:
From around town.
At a hindu temple.
The day I couldn't stand to put on sunscreen AGAIN.
Not dangerous... or so I'm told.
She's happy to see you!
Today was the last day of the first half of my trip.  Tomorrow starts the first day of the second half.  I think some of the easiest traveling will be ahead of me -- particularly Australia and New Zealand, which everyone I know loves and where I won't have a language or cultural barriers.  But it will also be the more expensive half of my trip, and those of you who know me know this will make me tense!  I'll remind myself that I am under budget so far, so I can increase my daily spending somewhat.  But I'll still be tense!  OK, that's enough whining for one day.

3 comments:

  1. That first picture looks like the face of the Master Control Program in Tron.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call. It's like Master Control with a crown. Maybe they were on to something.

    ReplyDelete