Pages

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Gameday

Eight months ago, I decided to pack up my stuff and move out of my apartment.  In large measure to save money and also to make sure I didn't return to my home after my trip around the world, and then get comfortable and never leave again.  It was a good decision and I have mostly not regretted it.

But today is the first full day of college football and I'm watching ESPN's College GameDay and it's making me homesick, wishing I were back in my comfy little apartment, with my two TVs poised to show all the games.  I'd have the TV schedule all ready, and the sports pages teed up on my computer.  Maybe I'd have friends over, or maybe I'd just spend the day alone on my couch, rooting for Duke and scowling at Michigan.

I suppose that over the next few months, I can set aside some Saturdays to just stay in somewhere and watch games.  But it won't be the same if I'm not in my own lair.  Of all the things that might make me sad that I don't have and am not in my little DC apartment, I wonder why it's college football that makes me feel it so acutely?  :(

2 comments:

  1. Maybe you should go to Goodwill and purchase an old 19 inch TV with a terrible picture so that you can relive the good ole' days in the apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get as much pleasure watching Notre Dame choke during its home opener on a crappy TV as I do watching Notre Dame choke on a good TV.

    ReplyDelete