Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

He's down with OPP

A friendly officer, willing to let me take his photo.
Stands for Ontario Province Police; they patrol the small towns throughout the province.  And speaking of the OPP... I saw a few of their cars at the border crossing south of Thunder Bay.  I was randomly (??) selected there for questioning by the customs or immigration officers, not sure which.

What a waste of time; they must have asked me about 30 questions.  Did they really need to ask me where I went to college?!  No!  But they did answer all of the questions I had for them too, although I'll never know if they told me the truth.  Like they'll never know if I told the truth!  Bwahahaha!   /rubs hands together in perfect mixture of glee and villainy/

Anyway, I met the officer above somewhere along the north coast of Lake Superior, where I stopped to visit the lighthouse in a really small town.  There was very little to see along that drive, which took a couple days, but overall it was a nice drive.  The scenery was nice -- pine trees, mostly, and gentle hills.  And I got the impression that a lot of people visit the area in summer to stay in summer cottages, but there sure wasn't a lot to do.
I don't know the full story, but north of Lake Superior, people stack rocks everywhere.  If you know they are there, you'll see them all over the place, like on ridges along the highway.
Things were more interesting near Sault Ste. Marie (pronounced Soo Saint Marie, for those who don't know), but I'll write about that later.  I'm going for a jog while the weather is still cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment