Pages

Friday, June 24, 2011

Oh What A Night!

Last night I saw Jersey Boys, the musical about The Four Seasons playing at Cleveland's Playhouse Square.  If you get a chance to see it, go see it.  It was a lot of fun.  I was prepared to subtract a star from my review because it's all non-original music, but that didn't matter.  The music was great and sounded fresh even though I knew almost all the songs.  Five stars!

And it made me think...  A man I know who grew up in New Jersey reminds me more of the laid-back, down-to-earth Midwesterners I grew up with than the blunt, cussing stereotype of Jerseyites.  He's never said so, but seeing the musical made me wonder if he considers me more Jersey than Midwest (minus the big lips and the big hair)?

In honor of The Four Seasons, here's my alma mater American University's unofficial theme song:

No comments:

Post a Comment