Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Grand Rapids, Michigan

I figured I should write every time I have the inclination and time, since I may have problems later on in this trip motivating myself to write.  Yay for self-discipline.

I spent the day hanging out with Annette, much of it at her apartment in Grand Rapids.  But this evening we went downtown for dinner, drinks, and a walk along the river.  Grand Rapids seems like a decent little medium-sized city, but more driving-oriented than I'm used to.  Getting around seems pretty easy, though, as the roads aren't too crowded.

I had a good day, but most of it was in that chatting-with-an-old-friend kind of way, so it was personally very rewarding but doesn't make for great blog material.  I expect several stops on this trip will be like that, so bear with me when it happens.  I'll be lonely and sleeping in cheap motels soon enough.  In the meantime, here are some shots of Grand Rapids:
That's Annette, standing outside the place we ate dinner.
Along the Grand River.
A heron I think, hanging out in the River.
He's about to be tackled by an Ohio State linebacker.
"Steampig" -- An entry in the 2010 Grand Rapids Artprize contest.  He didn't win.  He was robbed!

No comments:

Post a Comment